As a child reading was one of my favorite past times. And I still have a full bookcase to prove it. But as life has changed I don’t get to read as much as I wish I could.
Now, is it o.k. if I’m honest with you??? I mean, we are all friends here right?
Well, I hate to admit this but If I really think about it. I don’t think I have read a book in its entirety in at least two years.
I feel ashamed even writing that but life happens and priorities change. Now I will say, I have started many books and have skimmed thru many books. That may not count towards my reading goal but it is better than nothing in my book. Unfortunately reading has fallen to the wayside now a-days.
Another reason why my reading habits are dying a slow death, is because my taste in literature has changed quite a bit. It is a truth that whatever we take into our inner selves can and will change us. I want to make sure that the books I read will complement my walk with God and not hinder it. So I have become a bit more intentional about the books I purchase.
So if you have any recommendations please let me know.
Now to get to it. I figure I can read 6 books in its entirety for the remainder of the year. So here is my list for 2016
Reading List 2016
Steps to Christ by Ellen G. White
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needsby Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- Parenting with Proverbs: The Art of Correction Using Biblical Wisdom by Luke Gilkerson
- A Lineage of Grace: Five Stories of Unlikely Women Who Changed Eternity by Francine Rivers
- The Ministry of Motherhood: Following Christ’s Example in Reaching the Hearts of Our Children by Sally Clarkson
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers